Addiction Treatment And Health Insurance
Not every drug addiction is the same. For that reason there are also many types of addiction treatment programs. People who are living with a dependence on drugs and medications have distinctive treatment options available to them. We are here to educate people about drug addiction treatment in an effort to help addicts find the right treatment program to help them kick the habit.
Many people who do not get treatment for their addiction say it because they do not have health insurance to cover the cost. In reality, the cost of addiction is much much higher. Drug addiction will not only take all the users money, but often their life. Getting treatment should be a priority at all costs.
There are two major types of drug addiction treatment:
- Inpatient – Inpatient treatment is ideal for anyone who needs to remove themselves from their family or social environment in order to be successful in recovery. This type of treatment isolates the patient for a period of time from their normal association so that the body can return to normal without outside triggers and influence. In this case the addicted person lives at the treat ment facility.
- Outpatient – Outpatient treatment can also be very effective while not having as large of an impact on the addicts life. In this case the patient can live at home. This allows them to keep their job. Outpatient treatment may be less effective though if the user is heavily and physically dependent on the substance.
Other Types Of Addiction Treatment
In addition to those two types, there are several other types of drug and alcohol treatment.
Some of them are as follows:
- Women Only Drug Rehabilitation – These facilities cater only to female patients. This creates a better environment for recovery if the woman was in an abusive relationship or just feels more comfortable in an all woman environment.
- Teens Only Drug Rehabilitation – If adolescence are addicted to drugs, they may have a better chance of recovery when in a program serving only other teens. Teens will be more comfortable and be able to relate more to their peers.
- Dual Diagnosis Drug Rehabilitation – People who are suffering from mental illness and drug addiction are known as dual diagnosis patients. They are considered to be high risk individuals. These addicts need special care from specialists trained to handle this type of scenario.
Drug Treatment Basics
Drug addiction is a very difficult but treatable disease. The drug user should try multiple treatments because there is no single treatment for everyone. The treatment should be specific to the addiction problems that the user has.
Drug treatment needs to be easily accessible without barriers due to the fact that many addicts are already apprehensive about seeking treatment. It’s also important that NO drugs are used during treatment.
Rehabilitation can provide an addict a safe environment where they can physically and mentally stabilize themselves without the use of drugs and alcohol.
Private insurance is much more expensive than public insurance. There are a number of private healthcare options available to people that cover rehab. The major benefit of private insurance is that the insured person has more control over their care. Private health insurance plans are paid for exclusively by the individual.
Public insurance is available through the insurance exchange. Fewer facilities are accessible through this type of insurance. However, public health care is more affordable and more common. There is even a chance that the drug addicts insurance may be completely subsidized through government programs so there is no cost at all to the patient.
When drug rehabilitation options are not available through an insurance plan there are some nonprofit organizations which can provide these services.
Regardless of your situation, if you or a loved one are addicted to drugs or alcohol, it is likely that there are options which can either partially or completely cover the cost of treatment.